Don't get stuck without intelligence, get hands now!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome to the blog

Hey guys, thanks for checking out my new blog.  The plan is for this to be an educational poker blog.  I've read several articles from various sites online that claim to teach you how to win at poker, but most of them seem to be stuck in the past, or just teach you ABC poker.  Poker has changed dramatically over the past several years, and what worked in 2004 isn't going to work as well today.  The average player is smarter, and far better then he or she was 10 years ago, and ABC poker is not going to be a winning strategy in today's game.  It can work at the low limits, but any reasonable stakes is going to require a lot more strategy if you don't want to lose a ton of money.

A little history about me:

I'm a 24 year old former online pro that has been forced to find a new way to make a living by our federal government and the Department of Justice's unconstitutional actions against the online poker industry.  My educational background includes a degree in psychology with a mathematics minor, but a standard 9-5 job where I'm forced to work a set schedule was never really of interest to me.  I played poker throughout college as a way to support myself without having to find a "real job", and during that time realized that this was my calling.

I hope this can be the beginning of a great, mutually beneficial relationship between myself and the rest of the poker community.  I've got several articles planned, the first of which will be up later tonight.  Others that are already written should be up over the next couple weeks, and I'll continue to write more after that.  Enjoy the reading, and I hope you learn something along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dreamhost promotional code